T2TT, Trainee to Trained Teacher Erasmus+
T2TT, Trainee to Trained Teacher is a two-year Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnership project, which aims to improve the quality of Initial Teacher Education and the capacities of schools in professional development for both newly qualified and experienced teachers and to reduce the drop-out rate of teachers at the start of their professional lives.
The partnership identified the tools used to support trainees and NQTs in the UK School Direct programme, including formal training, induction programmes, teacher support, coaching and mentoring, and in-house professional development and developed a draft scheme of work for a set of training modules covering:
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Behaviour for Learning and Special Education Needs
• Measuring Pupil Progress and Impact
• Assessment and accreditation of ITE & NQTs
The project is led by Carmel Academy in the UK and has five further partners, edEUcation ltd. from the UK, Teach for Bulgaria and Centre for School Improvement from Lithuania, both part of the Teach for All network, Federación EFAS Comunidad Valenciana, from Spain and the Primary school of Pefkochori in Greece.
The specific outputs of the project are:
• A project website hosting downloadable resources and case studies
• A final down-loadable set of 5 training modules
• A handbook to support the training
• A set of case studies in 5 countries in both Primary and High Schools illustrating practical strategies used for transition
• A model scheme for accreditation
• A set of dissemination materials and seminars in 5 countries
• A final international conference to promote the training resources
Partners will work with leadership teams from 4 schools in each country to develop and test the resources through using the schools’ current data performance and priorities for improvement.
This work will take place in the schools during the academic year 2016-17 and the training modules will be finished and published in a final conference in June 2017